Tenure-track Faculty Position at the Department of Sociology , National Taiwan University
The Department of Sociology at National Taiwan University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at all ranks, beginning on August 1st, 2021. Applicants for this position must hold a Ph.D. in sociology or a related field, and have published (or received the acceptance of) at least one peer-reviewed journal article.
To apply, applicant should provide the following documents as a single PDF file.
- Copy of Ph.D. diploma. If ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by June 30, 2021, and provide a proof from the dissertation advisor or program administrators.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dissertation and publications in the last five years. If the dissertation is not written in Chinese or English, please provide an abstract in Chinese.
- Official transcript in the Ph.D. program
- Sample syllabi for two courses most relevant to applicants' specialty
- Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Ms. Wang (email@example.com)
Applicants do not need to submit dissertation, transcript, and recommendation letters if they received their doctoral degree before August 1, 2016.
Please send the application materials (as a single pdf file) to our departmental email address firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Ms. Wang (email@example.com) before January 17, 2021. Only complete applications will be reviewed. The short-listed candidates will receive further notice to give a job talk in mid- or late March. For international applicants, please indicate your level of proficiency in Chinese.
Located in downtown Taipei, a metropolitan of 6 million people, National Taiwan University is the top research university in Taiwan. The Department of Sociology a dynamic academic community with 17 faculty members and a large student body of 311 undergraduate majors, 44 master's students, and 13 doctoral students. In the 2020 QS World University Rankings, we rank 46th in Sociology. For more information, please contact us and visit our website: http://sociology.ntu.edu.tw/